At Vercorin, the 2020/2021 ski season can go ahead as planned, thanks to a full range of measures designed to prevent the spread of COVID-19. ‘Everyone on the slopes!’ is Switzerland’s new motto!
The ski areas, ski lifts and cable cars in Vercorin and all over Switzerland have taken all the necessary preventive measures enabling them to adhere to public health guidelines and keep their customers safe. So, there’s no longer anything stopping you from enjoying a winter holiday in the snow.
Certain safety measures are compulsory in cable cars and ski lifts: you must cover your nose and mouth when travelling using these methods. Taking into account current medical advice, it is not compulsory to wear a traditional face mask to achieve this coverage, as certified neck-warmers also offer the required level of protection.
So, we’d like to assure our visitors that they can now plan and book their outings or holidays in the Swiss Alps with complete peace of mind. In the event of a coronavirus outbreak at your destination affecting any of your bookings or planned activities, we will do our utmost to adopt a flexible approach and to work with you to resolve the situation to your satisfaction where possible.
In the ski areas, preparations for the winter season are in full swing. This season is vitally important for our partners, for us and for our Alpine regions. We can’t wait for it to start and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you, whether you come from Switzerland or much further afield!
NEW MEASURES - FROM 22nd MARCH 2021
- Indoor meetings are allowed up to 10 people.
NEW MEASURES - FROM 1st MARCH 2021
- All shops can reopen their doors, but the number of customers remains limited.
- Museums, reading rooms in libraries and archives, outdoor areas in zoos, botanical gardens and leisure facilities can also reopen, provided that masks are worn, distances are respected and capacity is limited.
- The same applies to outdoor sports facilities such as ice rinks, football and tennis courts and athletics stadiums.
- Finally, it is possible to meet friends and family outdoors with a limit of 15 people.
- Young people up to the age of 20 (year of birth 2001) are allowed to take part in sports competitions of all kinds and concerts without an audience.
- The offers of the children's and youth work in open spaces are also once again accessible.
- Closure of restaurants and bars (hotel restaurants remain open for their clients).
- Competitions in adult mass sport and events remain prohibited.
- Other measures in the press releases below.
For travellers coming from abroad - From 08.02.21
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic there are special rules for people entering Switzerland. Depending on the type of travel, you might have to fill out a form for incoming travellers, show proof of a negative test and/or go into quarantine. More information here.
Restaurants with a takeaway and/or delivery service
We have a list of restaurants providing a takeaway or home delivery service Full list available HERE (in French)
It is compulsory to wear a face covering inside Vercorin tourist office, face masks will be available from December 18.
The opening hours can be seen HERE
Ski lifts/cable cars
Sanitary measures in place :
The facilities, toilets and restaurants are disinfected several times a day
Waiting areas outside the buildings in order to respect distances
Compulsory hand disinfection at the entrances to lifts and restaurants
Please observe the existing signage and staff instructions
At the cash desks :
- Thank you for favouring contactless payment
- Only 1 person per group at the counter
- Terminals are regularly disinfected
- In restaurants: only one group per table, contact for groups of more than 4 people